Recorded on 28 October 2014 at the Riverside Hotel in Durban.
This presentation offers insights into an extensive set of design best practices, experience-based techniques, and principles that assist in the implementation of software projects that deal with complex domains. Merging design and development practice, this session incorporates fundamental examples based on real projects that Chris has been involved with to clearly illustrate domain-driven design being applied to real-world software.
Key areas include:
- Placing the project’s primary focus on the core domain and domain logic.
- Basing designs for a complex system on the model of the domain.
- Creating a collaboration between technical and domain experts to iteratively improve the conceptual model.
- Ubiquitous Language – what is it and why does it matter
- Common DDD Patterns
- A hands on walk thru of a DDD designed project, explaining the tradeoffs and the wins